VPN SITE TO SITE IMPLEMENTATION USING PROTOCOL L2TP AND IPSEC
Data exchange communication has developed, which leads to centralized communication, and to achieve this communication requires a type of data communication whose data is accommodated on the server and can be accessed by clients, such as at organization. As a company engaged in education, the development of centralized data communication by utilizing the intranet network has been formed. The use of an intranet network allows data communication that is vulnerable to wiretapping. To fix this using a VPN network. L2TP and IPsec VPNs have different performances, especially in the level of security provided. In this study, an analysis of the L2TP and IPsec VPN network performance was carried out on the SMB Server on the Ubuntu server and the Mikrotik router for its VPN configuration. In this study, the L2TP and IPsec VPN was designed by configuring the Mikrotik RB 450G router and the SMB Server configuration using Command Line Interface on Ubuntu 18.04 server. For security analysis, use hacking methods to get VPN Server login data and sniffing methods to get SMB Server login data and SMB data. For performance analysis using parameters of delay, throughput, and packet loss. Wireshark is software for checking by capturing each packet of data from an interface. The research objective to be achieved is to design a VPN technology based on L2TP & IPSec, to be able to determine the resulting performance after implementing a VPN based on L2TP & Ip Sec. The result is that VPN can connect from HO to branch one and branch two or connect from public connection to local connection. The Ubuntu server used is also running well, so it helps the VPN process properly.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
- E. Mufida, D. Irawan, and G. Chrisnawati, "Remote Site Mikrotik VPN Dengan Point To Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP) Studi Kasus Pada Yayasan Teratai Global Jakarta," MATRIK: Jurnal Manajemen, Teknik Informatika dan Rekayasa Komputer, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 9-19, 2017.
- A. Hidayat, "Analysis And Distance Access Design Far With Vpn Technology In Bmt Office. Mentari East Lampung," IJISCS (International Journal of Information System and Computer Science), vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 64-71, 2019.
- V. Bollapragada, M. Khalid, and S. Wainner, IPSec VPN Design. Cisco Press, 2005.
- H. Sujadi and A. Mutaqin, "Rancang Bangun Arsitektur Jaringan Komputer Teknologi Metropolitan Area Network (MAN) Dengan Menggunakan Metode Network Development Life Cycle (NDLC)(Studi Kasus: Universitas Majalengka)," J-ENSITEC, vol. 4, no. 01, 2017.
- R. T. Prabowo and M. T. Kurniawan, "Analisis dan Desain Keamanan Jaringan Komputer dengan Metode Network Development Life Cycle (Studi Kasus: Universitas Telkom)," JRSI (Jurnal Rekayasa Sistem dan Industri), vol. 2, no. 01, pp. 1-7, 2015.
- F. Hauser, M. Häberle, M. Schmidt, and M. Menth, "P4-IPsec: Site-to-Site and Host-to-Site VPN with IPsec in P4-Based SDN," IEEE Access, vol. 8, pp. 139567-139586, 2020.
- P. Arora, P. R. Vemuganti, and P. Allani, "Comparison of VPN Protocols–IPSec, PPTP, and L2TP," Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering George Mason University, Project Report ECE, vol. 646.
- R. Arlan, R. Munadi, and N. Andini, "Implementasi Dan Analisis Sistem Keamanan Ip Security (ipsec) Di Dalam Multi Protocol Label Switching-virtual Private Network (mpls-vpn) Pada Layanan Berbasis Ip Multimedia Subsystem (ims)," eProceedings of Engineering, vol. 3, no. 3, 2016.
- D. E. Kurniawan, H. Arif, N. Nelmiawati, A. H. Tohari, and M. Fani, "Implementation and analysis ipsec-vpn on cisco asa firewall using gns3 network simulator," in Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 2019, vol. 1175, no. 1, p. 012031: IOP Publishing.
- H. Pratama and N. F. Puspitasari, "Penerapan Protokol L2TP/IPSec dan Port Forwarding untuk Remote Mikrotik pada Jaringan Dynamic IP," Creative Information Technology Journal, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 51-62, 2021.
- A. Haider and M. Houseini, "The Difference Impact on QoS Parameters between the IPsec and L2TP," International hournal of Innovative n Advanced Engineering (IJIRAE), vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 31-42, 2016.
- M. I. Majid, S. Ashraf, and H. Ghouri, "Using L2TP Protocol in Cloud Infrastructure with IoT for Secure and Robust Communication," IEEEP New Horizons Journal, pp. 34-37, 2018.
- M. Elezi and B. Raufi, "Conception of Virtual Private Networks using IPsec suite of protocols, comparative analysis of distributed database queries using different IPsec modes of encryption," Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences, vol. 195, pp. 1938-1948, 2015.
- T. Hidayat, "Encryption Security Sharing Data Cloud Computing by Using AES Algorithm: A Systematic Review," TEKNOKOM, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 11-16, 2019.
- P. D. Arnesia and A. Aqim, "Rancang Bangun Jaringan VPN Berbasis IPSec Menggunakan Microtic Routerboard pada PT. Zahir nternational," Prosiding SeNTIK, vol. 3, no. 1, 2019.
- F. Arafat, A. Sani, N. Wiliani, and A. Budiyantara, "Optimalisasi Jaringan Wireless Dengan Metode Wireless Distribution System (WDS)," BRITech, Jurnal Ilmiah Ilmu Komputer, Sains dan Teknologi Terapan, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 11-16, 2020.
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- T. Husain, Nuzulul Hidayati, THE OPTIMIZE OF ASSOCIATION RULE METHOD FOR THE BEST BOOK PLACEMENT PATTERNS IN LIBRARY: A MONTHLY TRIAL , TEKNOKOM: Vol. 4 No. 2 (2021): TEKNOKOM